Massachusetts Family Law Services For Gay, Lesbian And Transgender People
What was once called the “gay rights movement” has grown to include the consideration of equal rights for people on the full spectrum of gender, gender expression and sexuality. The umbrella term, LGBTQ+, references terminology for a number of populations included in related civil rights declarations: lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and more.
If you and/or your spouse or the other parent of your child can be described as members of the LGBTQ+ community, you are wise to choose carefully when you are in need of family law services. Rest assured, at Barach Law Group LLC, we are not simply trendy in our expressions of welcome to gay, lesbian and transgender clients. We have long opened our doors to anyone who can benefit from our knowledge and strong reputation in family law.
We Will Not Tolerate Discrimination Against Our LGBTQ+ Clients In Family Law Cases
When you work with our experienced family law attorneys, you will appreciate our stance in support of human rights for all. We bring empathy and compassion to the table, along with widely acclaimed knowledge and experience. Bring us your questions and concerns regarding any of the following:
- Name changes and other legal considerations for transgender people in transition
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements; cohabitation agreements
- Divorce between same-sex couples (in most ways, similar to – but sometimes different from – typical divorces between people of opposite sexes)
- Analysis of potential issues stemming from previous domestic partnerships in other states before a same-sex marriage or divorce in Massachusetts
- Counsel regarding contracts, rights and legal processes of surrogacy and other assisted reproduction technology (ART)
- Custody, parentage and adoption by LGBTQ+ singles and same-sex partners and spouses
Whether you are facing a divorce from your same-sex partner or want information about a stepparent adoption of your same-sex partner’s child, our attorneys are here for you.
Let Us Get You On The Road To Achieving Your Goals
We are proud of the personalized service we can offer clients of all backgrounds at our boutique law firm in Middlesex County. We are trial lawyers who have helped clients meet challenges including contested divorces and international child custody disputes.
Let us know what is on your mind, and we’ll get you moving in the right direction for your family law objectives. Call us at 617-819-1805 or complete an online form to schedule a consultation with an LGBTQ+-friendly lawyer.