Seeking Divorce In Framingham?
Retain Accomplished Divorce Representation Today
Filing for divorce can be much more complicated than it may seem at first glance. It’s very easy to make errors on paperwork, get lost in the complex jargon, or even let your emotions cloud your judgment. To protect your best interests, you need an experienced Framingham divorce attorney to guide you.
Reasons to choose us:
- Phone consultations offered
- 20-plus years of experience
- Effective legal services
- Familiar with local judges
You will be expected to petition for the divorce, serve the papers, await the response, organize and divide assets, and more. Each of these steps is filled with complications that can end up causing a great deal of trouble. That is why Barach Law Group LLC is here to take care of the confusing legal work!
If you have questions about the process and would like to learn more about the grounds for divorce in Massachusetts, feel free to contact our divorce lawyers in Framingham!
What Is The Process Of Divorce In Massachusetts?
Because every relationship is different, there’s more than just a single type of divorce. Each person goes through this process differently, and we can help! At Barach Law Group LLC, our Framingham divorce attorneys can guide you through any divorce process.
You can come to our firm for assistance with:
- Contested divorce
- Uncontested divorce
- Same-sex divorce
How Do I Talk To My Spouse About Divorce?
If you’ve been thinking about ending your marriage, you may also be wondering how you should break this news to your spouse. They will likely feel the gamut of emotions from anger to sadness, which is why it is important to have a game plan before you decide to break the news.
- Don’t just pack your bags and leave. One of the worst ways you can tell someone you are leaving them is to pack your things and serve your spouse the divorce papers as you walk out the door. Studies have shown that ending a marriage can feel just like a death in the family. Serving divorce papers out of the blue could cause unwanted conflict and tension later on down the road as you and your divorce attorney settle your divorce.
- Timing is everything. Find a time when you and your spouse can be alone long enough to share your feelings. Give your spouse time to respond to your decision to divorce. If you are truly open to fixing your marriage, perhaps let your partner know you are unhappy before making the decision to divorce. This way, you can both discuss setting a timeline for improving and working on your marriage.
- Be direct and compassionate. Be direct and firm when you tell your spouse you want a divorce. Remember, you can be firm in your decision without being cruel. You have had time to grieve the loss of your marriage, but your spouse has not. Try to be compassionate and understanding during this period but don’t give them false hope if you are not interested in resolving your marital problems.
- Stay safe. If your husband or wife has a history of violence, you should consider where the safest place to tell them you want to divorce would be. Consider breaking the news in a public place or with a third party. If you fear for your safety after informing your spouse, Massachusetts enforces emergency domestic violence protection orders for victims of abuse. If the courts are closed, you can file a 24-hour emergency protective order by going to the nearest police station.
How Our Divorce Lawyers Can Help Through This Trying Time
We understand that you are probably dealing with significant emotional stress as you go through this trying time, but we want you to know that our legal team is here to help. Our approach is professional, but always compassionate. We know that this is a sensitive topic, so you can trust that the practiced divorce lawyers at Barach Law Group LLC will always exemplify courteousness, discretion, and support.
Take The First Step Toward A New Tomorrow
If you are ready to begin with filing for divorce in Massachusetts, the first step is to retain the services of a Framingham divorce attorney that you can trust. At our firm, we have over 20 years of experience and a team of attorneys who are ready to go above and beyond for our clients. The first step to get started with our firm is to fill out a case evaluation. From there, we can schedule a consultation where we will go over your legal options.
Filing for divorce in Framingham? Call 617-819-1805 to reach Barach Law Group LLC today and speak with a Framingham divorce attorney in an evaluation.