Every marriage has its problems and many of them are often easy to overcome. However, some obstacles are more challenging for couples to get through and may be a sign that divorce may be in the future. Continue reading to learn about the signs that may indicate your marriage is near its end.
Is Your Marriage Going South?
It can be difficult to know for sure which issues in a marriage are solvable and which are not. Moreover, no two couples are alike, so what may be easier for you to handle may be a dealbreaker for someone else. That said, there are some signs that commonly suggest that happily ever after may not be possible.
Below is a list of signs that your marriage may be headed for divorce:
- You are unhappy most of the time: We all experience a vast range of emotions, so it would be unrealistic to expect total happiness from a marriage at any given time. However, if your marriage rarely brings you any happiness and you find yourself miserable most of the time, this is a terrible sign and a good reason to consider divorce.
- Your interactions with your spouse are rarely positive: Again, everyone fights and has disagreements, but if positive interactions with your spouse are few and far between, this is a sign that it may be time to call it quits.
- You often avoid your spouse: Oftentimes, when people first begin dating, they cannot wait to spend time with each other. That same level of excitement may develop into something more mature and sustainable throughout years of marriage, but it should not go away completely. If you are always looking for reasons to avoid your spouse, this is a big problem.
- There is a loss of physical intimacy: Sex is not all there is to marriage, but its absence should still spark some worries about the health of a relationship. Physical intimacy can help a couple bond and connect, so if you and your spouse stopped having sex, it may be a symptom of a greater issue in the marriage.
- Your values have changed: In relationships where couples married at a young age, it is especially common for values to change. In some cases, spouses can grow together and, unfortunately, in others, changed values may force couples to grow apart.
If you notice more than one of these signs in your marriage, consider reaching out to a divorce attorney.
Reach Out to Our Experienced Divorce Team for a Consultation Today!
If you are beginning to notice signs of trouble in your marriage, the divorce team at Barach Law Group LLC can provide the advice you need on how to move forward. With more than two decades of experience on our side, you can feel confident when you choose to work with us.