During this difficult time, we remain open and available for you. We can conduct all consultations remotely. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions! Please stay healthy and safe.

Framingham Family Law Attorneys
Schedule A Consultation 888.209.7080

Divorce Modifications in Framingham, MA

Let Our Experienced Family Law Attorney Offer Legal Help

Once a divorce is finalized, the documents are filed with the court and a judge determines the final divorce agreement. However, sometimes things in life change over time. In Massachusetts, if an earlier court order or judgment no longer suits the parties due to a significant change in circumstances, the court can modify the previous order or judgment.

At Barach Law Group LLC, we have worked closely with families throughout Eastern Massachusetts for more than two decades. Our Framingham divorce attorney can evaluate your case, determine all of your legal options, and help you obtain the results you desire.

How to Modify Your Original Divorce Decree

The accepted ground for modifying a final divorce order in Massachusetts in a substantial change in circumstances. For instance, if you want to modify the terms of your custody or visitation agreement, you need to demonstrate a legitimate need for the change due to significant changes in your life, in your former spouse’s life, or in the lives of your children.

The following are common circumstances of significant change eligible for modification:

  • This is your bullet-list t1
  • This is your bullet-list t1
  • Loss of a job or a reduction in pay
  • Change in income of either party
  • A request for relocation due to employment or being closer to family
  • Change in health status
  • Desire of children to live with the other parent
  • Remarriage of either party

If your former spouse agrees to modify terms of the original decree, the agreement must be in writing and submitted to the court. On the other hand, if your former spouse does not agree, the process of modifying the original decree starts with a motion for modification.

Once the motion is served to the other party, your former spouse must file a response in order to have a hearing held. At the hearing, it is up to you to present proof of the change of the circumstances which warrant the modification.

Schedule a Case Evaluation Today!

If you want a change in your divorce order and you, and your ex don’t agree on the change and are unable to resolve your differences outside of court, our Framingham family lawyer can help. We will take the time to resolve your differences, help you file a motion, and guide you through the intricacies of the family law system.

For more information, contact us and speak with our experienced legal team today.

Client Testimonials

  • “The communication they had with me and the attention to details made something that wasn't easy, okay.”


  • “He was sympathetic and reassuring at each point in the process and always took sufficient time to explain everything.”


  • “WE WON!!!!!! And my children are back with me here in my country. I recommend them 100%!”


  • “Matt was straight forward and told me what his thoughts were, but ultimately every decision was mine.”


  • “He was sympathetic and reassuring at each point in the process and always took sufficient time to explain everything.”

    Family Law Client

Contact Barach Law Group LLC Today

We are dedicated to the highest quality of representation for all of our clients.
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.