During this difficult time, we remain open and available for you. We can conduct all consultations remotely. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions! Please stay healthy and safe.

Framingham Family Law Attorneys
Schedule A Consultation 888.209.7080
3 Signs it's Time to Hire a Child Custody Attorney

3 Signs it's Time to Hire a Child Custody Attorney

Are you unsure whether or not you need to hire a Framingham child custody attorney for your case? While you have the right to represent yourself, some child custody cases require the depth of legal knowledge only an experienced family lawyer can provide. Below, the legal team at Barach Law Group LLC discuss three signs it might be time to consult an attorney.

1.You believe your children are in danger

If you feel your children are in immediate danger, you should call the police and consider filing a restraining order against your ex. Once your children are removed from the situation, talk to an attorney who can help gather evidence proving your ex is unfit for custody of your children.

2.Your ex won’t let you see your children

Does your ex cancel plans for visitation at the last minute? Are they actively trying to limit contact with your children? This type of behavior can have lasting negative influences on your relationship with your children. If you are experiencing a situation like this, you should retain a child custody lawyer.

3.Your case is complex

Do you and your ex living in different jurisdictions? Are you and your ex unable to agree on legal and joint custody? Are they pushing to convince the court that you are unfit for shared custody of your children? Alternatively, is your current life situation changing in a drastic way that can affect your child’s life? Are you remarrying or moving in with a significant other? If any of these situations sound like yours, you should consider working with an attorney to help guide you through the child custody modification process. It is especially necessary to contact an attorney when moving in with or marry a new spouse as you and your new spouse will be scrutinized heavily before a court will allow shared custody over your children.

Get help with your child custody modification case, contact us today!


Contact Barach Law Group LLC Today

We are dedicated to the highest quality of representation for all of our clients.
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.